Speak about Startup strategies, and you’ll definitely think of Steve Blank. He’s the Master of Business Model generation and Customer developments for startups. And no, we’re not promoting his book here, but rather, a precious opportunity to meet Steve Blank himself!
Date: 25th September 2014 (Thursday)
Location: Palo Alto
Register (both in person and online events are available): http://www.meetup.com/Igniter/events/192403652/
About the Speaker:
Steve Blank is a Silicon Valley serial-entrepreneur and academician who is based in Pescadero, California. Blank is recognized for developing the Customer Development methodology, which launched the Lean Startup movement. Blank is also the co-founder of E.piphany. Blank has spent over thirty years within the high technology industry. He has founded or worked within eight startup companies, four of which have gone public.
Blank’s Google Tech talk, The Secret History of Silicon Valley, offers a widely regarded insider’s perspective on the emerging Silicon Valley’s start-up innovation. Blank has published three books: The Four Steps to the Epiphany, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost and The Startup Owner’s Manual. Blank teaches and writes about Customer Development and is a consulting associate professor of entrepreneurship at Stanford. He currently lectures at the Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley, Columbia University and the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). Together with the Entrepreneurship Center at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF), he created a version of Lean Launchpad for Life Sciences and Healthcare which he taught there in the fall 2013.
What are your queries on startup funding? Here’s an “FAQ” we have collated for Lili Balfour for our upcoming meetup. Are these the same questions you have, or do you have more? Comment below or come join us (live/online) tomorrow with Lili Balfour!
- What is the best way to approach a VC for funding if you do not know someone to make an introduction?
- How to Balance between the “big vision” and the “next steps vision” in my presentation
- Why are average series A funding rounds in the US so much larger and easier to acquire then in Europe?
- how to get funding?
- How do you go from idea to an actual start up?
- “Interested in creative strategies for seed funding ($500M) that helps lead to the larger investment needed in second round of up to $10M?
- What is the best way to get in front of angel groups in Silicon Valley? What if a majority of the team is not located in SV, seems like some angels only do deals with teams here.?
- How do you convince start ups that Finance is important–that having the fundamentals of their business in place is valuable?
- What is the number one mistake startups make when it comes to preparing to raise capital?
- Question on Sector wise breakup?
- is there a good resource for me to look up all investors in a certain space?
- Interest in (1) her experience and recommendations on startup funding, and (2) crowdfunding hardware electronics startups
- if my startup is self funding, when will I decide to take financing? Also, expanding it will take money, how do I decide if my Biz is attractive to investors.
- How to get funding for HARDWARE startups?
- is the funder coming to you or you go to the funder?
- How do you find out which angels might become a management problem?
- What are the most common mistakes made while attempting to bootstrap a startup?
- Can I use crowd funding to fund marketing & promotion of a mobile App? (its already built by me)?
- Doesn’t running a crowdfunding campaign (Kickstrter) actually widen the gap between having a “product” for early adopters and having a real consumer product.?
- Valuation – tricks of the trade?
- I’m a Digital CPA and think Xero.com & LivePlan.com make a great combo for startups. What is the best way for a CPA to help and get involved with Startups as a Financial Advisor??
- I am looking for seed and the company is pre-revenue positioned. Waht is the best approach to raise a minimum of 1.0 mil?
- What level of control can you reasonably expect to maintain with regard to the startup when you are receiving capital from outside investors?
- “Angel List? Should we use it? If so best practices?”
- crowdfunding strategies?
- How can I raise funds via crowdfunding?
- How long should you continue to bootstrap ?